Liverpool’s quadruple hopes stay alive because of their victory within the Merseyside derby and it was cult hero Divock Origi – who else? – that proved the scourge of Everton as soon as once more.
Origi was launched to assist change the sport on the hour mark when the sport nonetheless remained goalless, with Liverpool left pissed off after a determinedly dogged and defensive show from Frank Lampard’s facet.
But it took barely any time in any respect for the Belgian to vary the sport. He had a key position within the build-up for Andrew Robertson’s opener, and scored the second as Liverpool secured an important 2-0 victory. The three factors hold Liverpool proper on Manchester City’s coattails within the Premier League title race.
“We will never miss a player like him because if he leaves, he will explode wherever he goes. He is a world-class striker, he is a legend and will stay a legend forever,” Klopp advised Sky Sports after the victory.
“He doesn’t at all times make the squad which is ridiculous, however he’s there once we want him each time. He was concerned in each video games; all the things that we did within the second half, with out Divock, wouldn’t have occurred.
“The group lives because of the boys that don’t always play, they are the strongest players ever; [Alex] Oxlade-Chamberlain, [Harvey] Elliot, [Takumi] Minamino, even Rhys Williams. They are in great shape, but the way they behave is why we do these kind of things.”
Here are 10 superb stats from Origi’s time at Liverpool.
– Origi has scored six objectives from 10 appearances within the Merseyside derby. He’s scored twice as many objectives in opposition to Everton than some other facet in his taking part in profession.
– The Belgian averages a aim each 56.5 minutes in opposition to Everton within the Premier League.
– Despite solely being launched within the 61st minute, Origi accomplished extra passes (9) than seven of Everton’s beginning XI. Demarai Gray was the one Everton participant to register extra makes an attempt at aim.
– Only Steven Gerrard has rating extra Premier League objectives for Liverpool in opposition to Everton. Origi is now tied with Robbie Fowler in joint-second place for Premier League Merseyside derby objectives.
🗣 “I will never ever miss a player more than Divock Origi, he’ll explode wherever he goes, he is a world class striker.”
Jurgen Klopp says Divock Origi is a legend and can keep a legend eternally pic.twitter.com/XZJKhUZmo7
— Football Daily (@footballdaily) April 24, 2022
– His all-important pre-assist for Liverpool’s opener of their newest 2-0 win over their metropolis rivals got here inside only a minute of his introduction. The lay-off to Salah was his first contact.
– 12 (30%) of Origi’s objectives for Liverpool have come in its place. Half of his six objectives in opposition to Everton have come after he was launched from the bench.
– 15 (37.5%) of Origi’s objectives for the Reds have been scored after the seventy fifth minute. He’s additionally scored 4 objectives in damage time.
– All 4 of Origi’s injury-time objectives for Liverpool have confirmed necessary. His first within the 96th minute in opposition to West Brom was an equaliser in a 2-2 draw. His second was his well-known Merseyside derby within the 96th minute in opposition to Everton. His 94th-minute equaliser in opposition to Arsenal within the League Cup made it 5-5 and Liverpool went on to win on penalties. The newest was his 94th-minute match-winner within the 1-0 win at Wolves in December.
– Origi has six objectives and three assists for Liverpool this season. That’s yet another direct aim contribution than Manchester City’s £100million signing Jack Grealish, regardless of taking part in 1846 minutes fewer in all competitions.
– The striker averages a aim or an help each 62 minutes this season. To put that in context, Cristiano Ronaldo averages a aim contribution each 118 minutes. Karim Benzema averages one each 66 minutes. Mohamed Salah averages a aim contribution each 82 minutes for Liverpool in 2021-22.