The DVLA has issued one other replace on how lengthy folks might be anticipated to attend for brand new paper driving licences and logbooks. They are nonetheless experiencing some delays with paper purposes following the influence of Covid.
The DVLA’s authorities web site says: “We’re sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and our staff are working hard to reduce waiting times. There may be additional delays in processing more complex cases, for example, if medical investigations are needed as part of your driving licence application.”
If you utilized on your new licence on-line then your utility will already be within the utility course of since there aren’t any delays with on-line transactions. In reality, the DVLA encourages utilizing on-line companies to minimise delays with purposes.
By utilizing this service, you’ll be able to anticipate your driving licence to be issued inside 5 days.
Updated processing dates for paper purposes
The beneath discuss with the dates the DVLA claims it’s at present engaged on for various kinds of paper purposes:
- Renew a driving licence with a brand new picture – 6 April 2022
- Apply for a primary provisional driving licence with UK id – 5 April 2022
- Renew a driving licence in case you’re 70 or over or after disqualification or revocation – 25 April 2022
- Apply for a primary vocational driving licence – 27 April 2022
- Renew a vocational driving licence – 27 April 2022
- Apply for a driving licence with non-UK id – 5 April 2022
- Apply for or renew a tachograph card – 26 April 2022
- Apply to alter your title or deal with in your driving licence – 12 April 2022
- Tell DVLA in regards to the sale of a car – 26 April 2022
- Vehicle registration certificates (V5C) adjustments – 25 April 2022*
- Apply for a alternative V5C log e book – 20 April 2022*
- Register a car for the primary time (together with beforehand used and imports) – 14 April 2022
- Retain or assign a car registration quantity – 25 April 2022