Sheffield United will host Nottingham Forest within the first leg of their Championship play-off semi-final this weekend.
Forest may solely managed a draw at Hull on the ultimate day of the season and needed to accept a fourth place end.
Steve Cooper’s facet solely took one level from their final two video games as they missed out on computerized promotion and should now decide themselves up.
United, in the meantime, are in effective kind going into the play-offs and smashed champions Fulham 4-0 at Bramall Lane final day out.
These two drew 1-1 twice within the common season and can now battle it out to succeed in the showpiece Championship play-off last at Wembley on May 29.
This Championship play-off semi-final first leg will happen on Saturday, May 14.
talkSPORT 2 may have unique protection of the sport at Bramall Lane which is able to kick off at 3pm.
Dan Windle might be your host and commentary will come from Ian Danter and former Scotland striker Chris Iwelumo.
To tune in to talkSPORT or talkSPORT 2, click on HERE for the stay stream.
- App iPhone – Download from the Apple retailer
- Android – Download from Google Play
- Radio – talkSPORT is obtainable throughout the United Kingdom by way of DAB digital radio and on 1089 or 1053 AM
- TV – Listen to talkSPORT by your TV on the next channels: Sky: Channel 0108 Virgin Media: Channel 927 Freeview: Channel 723 Freesat: Channel 731
Sheffield United v Nottingham Forest: Team information
Sheffield XI: Foderingham, Basham, Egan, Robinson, Osborn, Norwood, Fleck, Stevens, Berge, Gibbs-White, Ndiaye.
Subs: A Davies, B Davies, Baldock, Hourihane, Osula, Norrington-Davies, Jebbison.
Forest XI: Samba, Worrall, Cook, McKenna, Spence, Yates, Garner, Colback, Zinckernagel, Surridge, Johnson.
Subs: Horvath, Figeueiredo, Davis, Laryea, Mighten, Cafu, Lolley.
Sheffield United v Nottingham Forest: What has been mentioned?
Forest boss Steve Cooper: “The league place and factors tally is the best it has been for a very long time, we go into these play-offs in a very good place and we sit up for the video games in opposition to Sheffield United.
“You have a look at the groups who haven’t made the play-offs, it exhibits how good the lads have been.
“There’s little question that there was a superb effort from the gamers. To attempt to get computerized promotion with two video games to go tells you the way we’ve develop into a very good workforce.
“We’ve got everything we need to go and do well in the play-offs, we’ve just got to make sure we back ourselves and believe in what we do. We’ll be ready for it.”
Sheffield United v Nottingham Forest: Match information
- Nottingham Forest have gained simply certainly one of their eight matches within the Football League play-offs (D2 L5), by no means reaching the ultimate in any of their earlier 4 makes an attempt (2002-03, 2006-07, 2009-10, 2010-11).
- This is Sheffield United’s fifth look within the second tier play-offs, with the Blades reaching the ultimate on three of the 4 earlier events (1996-97, 2002-03 and 2008-09), although they’ve by no means gained promotion by way of this technique earlier than.
- This is the second time Sheffield United and Nottingham Forest are assembly within the second tier play-offs, with the Blades successful 5-4 on combination in 2002-03 (1-1 away, 4-3 at house).
- Sheffield United are unbeaten of their final eight house conferences with Nottingham Forest in all competitions (W3 D5), since a 2-1 loss in April 2004.
- Both league conferences between Sheffield United and Nottingham Forest this season ended 1-1, with Forest netting late equalisers in each video games (83rd and ninetieth minute respectively).
- Brennan Johnson completed the league marketing campaign with 16 targets and 10 assists – certainly one of 5 gamers within the division to succeed in double figures for each – while being the primary Nottingham Forest participant to handle this in a second-tier season since Joe Lolley in 2018-19.
- Iliman Ndiaye scored in every of Sheffield United’s final three league video games within the common season. The final participant to attain in 4 consecutive appearances for the Blades in all competitions was David McGoldrick in January 2019.
- The workforce ending fifth has solely gained the primary leg of the Championship play-off semi-final as soon as within the final 9 campaigns (D3 L5), with Aston Villa beating West Bromwich Albion in 2018-19.
Bet Of The Weekend
Sky Bet: Man City, Aston Villa & Leicester all to win – boosted to five/1 (from 4/1)
18+. T&Cs apply. Begambleaware.org.