Yoga Asanas: With the onset of the winter season, the urge to sleep for five more minutes begin. Tucked in warm and cozy blankets, our pleading to five minutes starts. The five minutes, however, is never five minutes. It ends up in an hour or two and you end up regretting the whole day as you’ll be late for office or school. Getting a good night’s sleep is highly important for your body and you cannot compromise on this. For a healthy body and mind, sleep is important. If you find difficulty in falling asleep, you should try practising these yoga asanas.Also Read – Norovirus Outbreak: How Harmful Is Norovirus? Symptoms, Causes And Preventive Measures Explained By Dr. Puneet Khanna, Manipal Hospital | Watch Video
Taking it to Instagram, Dr Nitika Kohli, an Ayurvedic expert, shared five different yoga asanas for better sleep. Dr. Nitika’s caption read,” That’s where before-bed yoga comes in. The gentle physical movement is relaxing itself, and the principles yoga is founded on — gratitude, self-compassion, and contentment — when practiced before bed can be calming, too, helping to promote sleep!!!” Also Read – Benefits of Turmeric in Winters: 4 Reasons Why Turmeric is a Magic Ingredient For Your Health on Cold Days
Check Out The Instagram Post
Here are the yoga asanas for better sleep shared by the expert
- Balasana: This pose helps you to relax and calm your mind.
- Salabhasana: It relaxes your muscles and improves your sleep.
- Janu Sirsasana: Including this yoga asana in your daily yoga routine will improve your sleeping patterns.
- Uttanasana: This asana gives your full body a good stretch. Do this regularly and you will see the difference in your sleep.
- Savasana: It calms your nervous system and helps relax all your tired muscles and shoulders.