Lille are set to play Lens on the Stade Pierre-Mauroy on Saturday for his or her subsequent Ligue 1 recreation.
Lille come into this recreation on the again of a 1-1 draw in opposition to Gerald Baticle’s Angers within the league. An personal objective from Portuguese centre-back Tiago Djalo for Angers was cancelled out by a objective from Kosovo worldwide Edon Zhegrova for Lille.
Lens, however, beat nine-man Nice 3-0 not too long ago. A second-half brace from younger attacker Arnaud Kalimuendo and a objective from Malian midfielder Cheick Doucoure sealed the deal for Franck Haise’s Lens, who had left-back Massadio Haidara despatched off within the first-half. Nice had Gabonese midfielder Mario Lemina and veteran Brazilian centre-back Dante despatched off within the second-half.
Lille vs Lens Head-to-Head and Key Numbers
- In 12 head-to-head encounters between the 2 sides, Lille maintain the clear benefit. They have received eight video games.
- Lens have received two video games whereas the opposite two have led to attracts.
- Canada worldwide Jonathan David has scored 13 league objectives this season, whereas Portuguese midfielder Renato Sanches has registered 5 league assists for Lille.
- Veteran Turkish striker Burak Yilmaz scored 16 league objectives final season, however has solely managed 4 to this point. The 36-year previous has additionally registered three assists for Lille.
- For Lens, Paris Saint-Germain loanee Arnaud Kalimuendo has scored 9 league objectives. Right-back Jonathan Clauss has 9 assists.
Lille vs Lens Prediction
Lille stunned the soccer world by successful Ligue 1 final season, however are seventh within the league this season. They have thrilling younger abilities like Jonathan David, Renato Sanches and Sven Botman within the squad, and it seems to be like Lille could possibly be in for a giant squad upheaval this summer season.
David, Botman and Sanches have been three of Lille’s higher performers this season. Veteran stars like Burak Yilmaz and Jose Fonte have chipped in too, however Lille may need some main issues come subsequent season.
Lens, however, are eighth within the league, one level behind Lille. Right-back Jonathan Clauss has been in sensational type this season, and deservedly made his debut for the France nationwide crew not too long ago. Malian midfielder Cheick Doucoure has been linked with Aston Villa and Tottenham Hotspur, whereas Ivory Coast worldwide Seko Fofana has been top-of-the-line midfielders in Ligue 1.
Prediction: Lille 1-0 Lens
Lille vs Lens Betting Tips
Tip 1: Result- Lille
Tip 2: objectives over / underneath 2 goals- underneath 2 objectives
Tip 3: Lille to maintain a clear sheet- Yes