News

Man attacked with ‘metal bar’ in street brawl



A man was attacked with a “metal bar” after a brawl erupted between a group of men and women in the street.

Benedict Street, just off Hawthorne Road in Bootle, was closed in the early hours of Thursday following reports of a fight.

At around 5.55am, Merseyside Police said it was reported a group of six men and women were fighting on Benedict Street.

READ MORE: Mum’s message to man who approached her son, 7, in Aldi

One man was struck to the head with what was described as a metal bar.

He was taken to hospital for treatment after suffering from a cut to the head and has since discharged himself, police said.

Enquiries into the incident remain ongoing and anyone with information is asked to contact Merseyside Police.

A police spokesperson said: “We are appealing for information after reports of a fight in Bootle early today (Thursday 23 December).

“A report was received just before 5.55am that six men and women were fighting on Benedict Street, and that one man had been struck to the head with what was described as a metal bar.

“He was taken to hospital for treatment for a cut to the head and he has since discharged himself.

“Enquiries into the incident are ongoing.

“If you have information about this incident, get in contact with reference 21000883938 via DM our social media desk on Twitter @MerPolCC or Facebook ‘Merseyside Police Contact Centre’.

“You can also contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously, on 0800 555 111 or via their online form at: https://crimestoppers-uk.org/give-information.”

Receive newsletters with the latest news, sport and what’s on updates from the Liverpool ECHO by signing up here





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.